Planning For A Civic Event Or Block Party

Any event other than construction that will involve the use of the roadway, such as a block party, parade, or bike race, requires a special events permit. The Civic Events Coordinator within the Department of Transportation determines whether barricades, traffic control devices and, if needed, police officers are to be obtained as a condition of the permit by the person or organization. The Tucson Police Department Special Event Officer serves as a resource for the planning and coordination of Civic Event Requests.