- Clerk's Office Home
- About City Clerk
- Mayor & Council Meetings
- Campaign Finance
- Boards & Commissions
- Liquor License
- Tucson City Code
- State Statutes (azleg.state.az.us)
The City of Tucson is revising its special event liquor license application process effective November 1, 2007.
In 2005, the Pima County-Tucson Commission on Addiction, Prevention and Treatment created a Task Force to Reduce Underage Drinking. This task force identified as a long-term goal the need to strengthen local policies and practices regarding special event liquor license applications.
As a result, and following discussions with community stakeholders over the past year, the task force developed recommendations for the City of Tucson to implement in order to achieve this goal. Revisions have been made to the questionnaire that accompanies the special event application. The revised questionnaire will more adequately ensure that applicants create events that will assist in reducing the risk of underage drinking. Additionally, a brochure entitled “What Makes a Special Event?” was created and describes best practices for reducing underage drinking at special events where alcohol is served.
Persuant to Tucson City Code Section 19-53(3), applications for all special events must be received in the City Clerk’s Office no less than 45 days before the date of your event.
- State of Arizona - Special Event Application
- City of Tucson - Special Event Questionnaire
- "What Makes A Special Event?" Brochure
Resources for Additional Information
- Tucson Police Department - Planning For A Civic Event Or Block Party
- Arizona Department of Liquor License and Control - Special Event License
- Arizona Department of Liquor License and Control - Approved Server Training Programs
- Governor's Office of Highway Safety - Under 21 Information
- Pima County Sheriff's Department Contact Information
- Pima County - Tucson Commission on Addiction Prevention and Treatment