Who: Family and friends, Tucson Audubon Society, Friends of Ft. Lowell Park, Tucson Clean & Beautiful and Tucson Parks & Recreation Dept. staff
What: Unveiling of the new Urban Wildlife Oasis sign in Ft. Lowell Park. This is a large sign composed of wildlife images taken at the park by local photographers. There is a major emphasis on "bird watching"; the sign is beautiful and functional.
When: Dedication Ceremony- Friday, April 20, 2012, 5-5:30 p.m.
Where: 2900 N. Craycroft Rd. (just north of the swimming pool)
Additional Information: This area of the park offers the public passive outdoor recreation, particularly“bird watching”. This ceremony will include, Ward 2 Councilman, Paul Cunningham, officials from Tucson Parks and Recreation, Tucson Audubon Society, Tucson Water, and Tucson Clean and Beautiful. Registration begins at 3:30 p.m., with Kendall Kroesen, Habitat Program Manager from the Tucson Audubon Society, leading a nature walk around the pond. This project is a great example of community collaboration and a strong commitment to our natural resources. The actual ceremony and unveiling of this beautiful sign showcasing the park will start at
5:00 p.m. Refreshments will be provided at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Paul Cunningham, Ward 2 Council Member
- Fred H. Gray, Director, Tucson Parks and Recreation Department
- Kendall Krosen, Habitat Program Manager, Tucson Audubon Society
- Evren Sonmez, Adopt-A-Park Coordinator, Tucson Clean & Beautiful
- Sheila Bowden, Volunteer Group Leader, Friends of Ft. Lowell
- Jim Conroy, East District Administrator, Tucson Parks and Recreation
Contact: Jim Conroy, East District Administrator, 791-5930