Disadvantaged Business Enterprises Public Notice (NEW)
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to 49 C.F.R. 26.45 that the City of Tucson has proposed an overall goal of 10%...
The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs (OEOP) implements and enforces equity policy for the City of Tucson. Specifically, the OEOP:
- Enforces the Human Relations Ordinance, Chapter 17, of the Tucson City Code
- Ensures the implementation and enforcement of non-discrimination policies in City employment
- Reviews reasonable accommodation options related to demotions and terminations stemming from the expressed inability to accommodate an employee
- Ensures that City of Tucson facilities, programs/activities and services are accessible to persons with disabilities in accordance with Tucson City Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
- Ensures that persons who do not speak English as their primary language and who have a limited ability to read, speak, write or understand English are afforded meaningful access to programs, services and/or activities in accordance with Section 602 of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Investigates complaints from members of the public based on allegations that the City’s programs and/or facilities are not accessible to those with disabilities
- Implements the Small Business Enterprise Program, Chapter 28, Article XIII of the Tucson City Code
- Implements the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program for federal transit and highway projects
- Administers Equal Employment Opportunity by Contractors doing business with the City
- Develops and implements the City's Equal Opportunity Plan
- Provides staff support to various commissions including the Small, Minority and Women-Owned Business Commission, Commission on Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, and Transgender Issues, the Human Relations Commission, and the Commission on Disability Issues (CODI).