Freedom Center Teen Program (ages 12-17)
(During school year)
A.C.T.I.O.N. program Wednesday, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Offers the participant a means to exprerience, gain knowledge, and formulate an opinion on current issues affecting their community through the creation of a series of appropriate media. Freedom Center, 5000 E. 29th St., 520-791-4969.
In-Betweener's Club (ages 11-14)
This is a program for youth ages 11-14 (11 year olds must have completed 5th grade). Offered at:
- Archer Center, 1665 S. La Cholla., 791-4355
- Cherry Avenue Center, 5085 S. Cherry Ave., 791-4497
- El Pueblo Regional Center, 101 W. Irvington Rd., 791-5155
- El Rio Neighborhood Center, 1390 W. Speedway Blvd., 791-4683
- Donna Liggins Recreation Center, 2160 N. 6th Ave., 791-3247
- Marty Birdman Center, 2536 N. Castro, 791-5950
- Oury Center, 600 W. St. Mary's Rd., 791-4788
- Quincie Douglas Center, 1775 E. 36th St., 791-2507
- Santa Rosa Center, 1080 S. 10th Ave., 791-4589
* In-Betweener's Club participants may be eligible for the Discount Program.
Participant must pay the daily fee at each center or purchase an IBC pass for $18/3 months
Summer Junior Staff in Training Program (Ages 14-17)
The focus of the Junior Staff in Training program is to provide teens with an experience aimed at improving leadership skills and preparing teens ages 14-17 for possible future employment in the field of recreation.
• All teen candidates must participate and pass a mandatory interview. Interviews will take place the week of March 26-29, 2014. Call Mike Davis at (520) 837-8137 by March 14, 2014 to schedule your interview, site availability and registration information.
• Registration cost: $70 City Residents/ $88 Non-City Residents.
• Junior Staff in Training will be required to attend an orientation prior to starting the program.
• Junior Staff in Training may work a maximum of 30 hours per week.
• Space is limited and site locations may vary.
For more information regarding sites and times, check the current Program Guide & Class Catalog, and register online.
* Junior Staff in Training participant may be eligible for the Discount Program.
Santa Rosa double Digit Teen Club (ages 10-13)
Santa Rosa Double Digit Teen Club (ages 10-13)
For ages 10-13. Meets Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Club includes: sport competitions, cooking, crafts, field trips, special events, and community service projects.
Participants must pay Center's use fee.
Santa Rosa Center, 1080 S. 10th Ave., 520-791-4589.
Martial Arts and Resiliency Skills Program – M.A.R.S. (ages 6-16)
(During school year)
Free program for ages 6-16. Traditional martial arts training and mentoring. Tuesday and Thursday, 3:00 pm -4:00 pm, at Freedom Center, 5000 E. 29th St., 520-791-4969.