Looking for a place to park near the University of Arizona? Holding a Non-Resident Parking Permit from ParkWise can reserve a space for you on a street close to where you work or go to school.
- Permit Program hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Permits are issued on an annual basis, August 1st to July 31st.
- The Parking Permit Zone Map is also available online: Parking Permit Zone Map.
- After the map loads, please follow these instructions:
- Zoom into a selected parking zone.
- Turn on the Parking Space layer.
Red Polygons = sold spaces
Green Polygons = available spaces
- Choose an available location and indicate this information on your application. Be sure to include cross streets (i.e. Mabel between Santa Rita and Mountain).
- Select an alternative available location and indicate that on the application in the event your desired space is not available.
Program policy details, application and instructions are available online in PDF format:
- Parkwise Program Policies: Non-Residential Permit
- ParkWise Program Application: Non-Residential Permit
Annual Permit Costs
Non-Resident Parking Permits Permits are available in areas surrounding the University of Arizona, Downtown, and 4th Avenue. The streets are clearly marked with Non-Resident Permit signage.
University of Arizona Area:
Zone A: $450/year
Zone B: $350/year
Zone C: $300/year
Zone D: $250/year
Zone E: $100/year
Downtown/4th Avenue Area:
Zone X: $300/year
Zone Y: $275/year
West Side Business Park (Commerce Park Loop/Bonita Avenue):
Zone Z: $250/year
- Hanging Permits
Hanging permit tags for all areas that are transferable between vehicles are an additional $100.00 per year.
Permit Purchase Policy
Application for permits may be obtained in the ParkWise office located at 110 E. Pennington Street, Suite 150, or online here: ParkWise Program Application: Non-Residential Permit . You may also call the ParkWise office at (520) 791-5071 and request an application be mailed to you. Payment Policy: Cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express ,and Discover cards are accepted. Returned checks will be charged an additional $28.00 fee, and failure to satisfy a returned check within 15 working days will result in permit revocation. Permit Renewal Policy: Enforcement of permits is one of the primary benefits of holding a Non-Resident Parking Permit, ensuring that permit holders will find the parking spot they have paid for. Parking Enforcement Agents routinely patrol permitted areas. Parking in violation of City or State codes will result in a citation. Permit holders should be familiar with all local parking regulations. For additional information please call the ParkWise office at (520) 791-5071.
Permit Replacement Policy
Sold or Traded Vehicles: The registrant must remove permit prior to selling or trading a vehicle. The permit must be presented to ParkWise to receive a free replacement permit. Stolen Permits: A police report is required for a free permit replacement. Windshield Replacements: Permits will be replaced free of charge provided satisfactory proof is presented that the windshield bearing the permit has been replaced. For vehicles out of service due to accident or long duration repair, with proper documentation a temporary permit may be issued for an alternate vehicle. Please call the ParkWise office at (520) 791-5071 for more information. If the conditions above are not met, a replacement fee of $50.00 will be charged for a replacement permit.
Permit Holder Regulations
All ParkWise permits are vehicle specific and cannot be transferred, sublet, or sold. All vehicles utilizing a hanging permit must be registered with ParkWise at time of permit purchase. Displaying a hanging tag permit on a vehicle that is not registered with ParkWise may result in a citation for that vehicle. All ParkWise permits are block face specific. Permits are not valid in any location other than that for which it is purchased. Non-hanging parking permits must be permanently affixed to the rear windshield, lower left-hand (driver's side) corner, or a citation will be issued. Convertibles and trucks with camper shells may affix permits to lower left-hand corner (driver's side) of front windshield. ParkWise permits may be revoked without refund for the following reasons:
- Failure to comply with the above regulations.
- If permit holder has three or more unpaid parking citations.
- If permit holder receives three or more parking citation for parking in an unauthorized permit program location in a calendar year.
- If vehicle registration is not current.
- For providing false information on permit application.
To access other City and State parking laws, please visit http://www.lib.ci.tucson.az.us/government.
Permit Refund Policy
Consideration for a refund will be made only is the following criteria are met:
- Withdrawal from the University of Arizona.
- Student: A University of Arizona Withdrawal Form from the Dean of Students is required.
- Employee: Documentation from the Human Resources Department is required.
- Medical Disability: A doctor’s excuse why you are unable to utilize the space is required.
Permits will be refunded on a prorated basis and an additional $50.00 processing fee, and for any month, or portion of a month, 1/12th of the permit fee will be deducted from the purchase price. Permit must be returned to ParkWise. If you do not meet all of the above conditions, no refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued after January 31st.
Street Construction & Repair in Permit Areas
On occasion, it may be necessary to suspend the permit program to accommodate construction needs. For scheduled work, ParkWise will notify permit holders of alternate parking areas. However, emergency street/utility repairs may occasionally occur. If possible, permit holders should first attempt to park in their designated area. However, at not time should permit holders park in conflict with barricades or signs posted for construction. Vehicles parked in violation of these signs will be subject to citation. Please call the ParkWise office at (520) 791-5071 for additional information.
Parking Enforcement Agents will routinely patrol permitted areas. Parking in violation of City or State codes will result in a citation. Please be sure you are familiar with all local parking regulations. For additional information please call the ParkWise office at (520) 791-5071.
The City of Tucson and the ParkWise program assume no responsibility for the care and protection of any vehicle or its contents anytime the vehicle is parked on City of Tucson streets or within any ParkWise facility.