Now there's another way you can pay for metered parking in Downtown and near the UA campus without having to look for coins.
All you need is a credit or debit card, and you can pay through Park Genius, a mobile site that accepts payment for on-street parking and then alerts ParkWise's parking services agents that you have paid for the meter time.
ParkWise is undertaking a three-month pilot project with Park Genius on the following streets in the Downtown and University of Arizona areas:
- Scott Avenue, between Pennington and Broadway
- Alameda Street between Main Avenue and 6th Avenue
- University Blvd. between Park and Euclid
- Helen Street between Fremont and Santa Rita
- 7th Street between Highland and Cherry
If you park at a meter in any of these areas you may still use a coin to pay for the parking, or you may pay through the Park Genius website or free mobile app.
Park Genius instructions (pdf)
Get the app