Parking Safety Tips
- Stay alert to your surroundings.
- Keep doors locked and windows up as you drive through the facility.
- Park in a well-lit area.
- Keep valuables out of plain sight.
- Report suspicious activity or persons to parking facility security personnel.
- Lock your car when you leave.
- Approach your vehicle with your keys already in your hand.
- Look around your vehicle for any suspicious activity. If you are concerned for any reason, go in a different direction or go for help.
- Do a quick scan of your vehicle’s interior before unlocking the door. Be sure to look in the back seat.
- Change from high heels to low flats or even sneakers when leaving work.
- Be suspicious of anyone approaching your vehicle, whether passing out leaflets or asking for donations, or asking for help. Always leave the car windows up.
- Leave the parking spot immediately after seatbelts are fastened – don’t stay and write notes, balance checkbook, or talk on the cell phone.
- At night, leave your office or building in the company of others if possible.
- Contact the Downtown Tucson Partnership at (520) 940-1038 until 2:00 a.m. to escort you to your vehicle if there is no one to accompany you.
SAFETY STARTS WITH YOU