Residential Parking Permit Program
$48, $60 or $72 Annually:
- Residential permits are available for properties not exceeding four (4) units
- Number of permits issued is based on a property’s frontage.
- Parking allowed only on the block face of the address the permit is issued to
- Resident can receive two visitors passes, the first one is free and a second one at permit price with their residential parking permit. A visitor pass is a plastic card, which allows it to be moved from guest vehicle to guest vehicle as needed. When parking with a visitor pass, visitors may only park within the same block of the residence for which it is issued.
- Visitor passes will expire 1 year from the date of issue
- If lost or stolen a replacement fee will be at the permit price prorated.
Meter Exemption Program
Certain areas qualify for the Meter Exemption Program, which allows you to purchase a permit to park at specific meters adjacent to your residence without the need of putting money in the meter. These meters are clearly marked for the program and only specific addresses qualify.
The cost of this program is $48.00, $60.00 or $72.00 annually / per permit. No visitor passes are issued with the meter program. These meters can be purchased for an event for the day. If there is a no parking sign on the meter you will then need to park at another meter with the meter exemption sticker during this time.
The number of parking spaces allowed per address is determined by measuring the property frontage. In doing so, ParkWise must comply with all parking codes and regulations. When measuring the frontage of your property, ParkWise must take into account such things as fire hydrants, curb cuts and intersections.
Please remember all vehicles on City streets must display proof of current Registration. Failure to do so may result in a fine.
Please refer to Tucson City Code 20-259
- No refunds will be issued for parking permits.
- Permits are valid for current residents only.
- A permit becomes invalid when a resident moves from the address for which the permit was issued.
For neighborhoods in the 4th Avenue area, parking programs are suspended 2 times a year during the 4th Avenue Street Fair.
- Permits are issued to passenger vehicles only.
- A vehicle having 3 or more outstanding citations may result in all permits for that address being voided and/or removed from the vehicle.
- Permits are the property of ParkWise and may be removed by ParkWise staff.
- Permit holders must obey all traffic / parking codes and regulations. Please visit http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/parkwise/tucson-city-codes
- Permits must be permanently affixed to the outside of the lower left corner (Driver's side) of the rear window of each registered vehicle. (See example 1)
- Convertibles and trucks with camper shells may affix permits to lower left-hand corner (driver’s side) of front windshield. (See example 2)
- The visitor permit must be placed in clear view on the driver’s side of the dashboard.
Do not place permits on any other part of your vehicle such as bumpers or on the side of vehicle. Failure to display permit properly may result in a $85 citation being issued.
Example 1 – for most vehicles
Example 2 – Convertibles
Do NOT place permit on bumper or on the side of the vehicle
Permit Replacement Policy
Sold or Traded Vehicles: The registrant must remove permit prior to selling or trading a vehicle. The permit must be presented to ParkWise to receive a free replacement permit.
A police report is required for a free permit replacement.
Permits will be replaced free of charge provided satisfactory proof is presented that the windshield bearing the permit has been replaced, such as an invoice or receipt.
If the conditions above are not met, a fee equal to the amount of the original permit will be charged for a replacement permit.
You may apply in person at 110 E. Pennington St. Suite 150, office hours Monday – Friday 7:45 AM to 5:15 PM.
Download the form here Residential Application /files/parkwise/Residential_Application_Revised_5-13-13.doc or request that an application be mailed to you at the address to which the permit will be issued.
Two proofs of residency, showing your name and the address for which the permit will be issued, are required. We require a picture ID, a signed lease (by both tenant and landlord) with applicant name and address.
A current vehicle registration form must be provided to receive a permit. If mailing in the application, please include a copy of the proof of residency and a check or money order payable to City of Tucson.
For additional information, please call the PARKWISE office at 791-5071.
To access other City and State parking laws, please visit this website: