Southern Arizona Paving, under contract with the City of Tucson Department of Transportation (TDOT), has begun the crack sealing and patching portion of the 2013 Pavement Preservation Program. The work consists of crack sealing and patching where needed, prior to the application of the upcoming pavement microsurfacing.
Crews will be working 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The locations are as follows:
- 12th Avenue, Santa Paula Street to Los Reales Road
- Park Avenue, Irvington Road to Valencia Road
- Drexel Road, Campbell Avenue to Tucson Boulevard
- Sixth Avenue, Ajo Way to Illinois Street
- Sixth Avenue, Congress Street to 18th Street
- 36th Street, Kino Parkway to Palo Verde Road
- Campbell Avenue, Glenn Street to Third Street
Work began today with an anticipated completion date of April 19, 2013.
The pavement improvement project is part of the Fiscal Year 2013 Mayor and Council approved Pavement Preservation Program, a one-year, $20 million street rehabilitation program to resurface arterial, collector and residential streets. The funding was made available by restructuring the Fiscal Year 2013 Highway User Revenue Fund (HURF) debt, the increase of HURF revenue and General Fund money.
Business and residential access will be maintained at all times during the project. The traveling public can expect delays when driving in the work area. Please obey all traffic control signs and watch for construction personnel and equipment in the work area.