On Monday, April 8, 2013, Granite Construction Co., under contract with the City of Tucson Department of Transportation (TDOT), will begin crack sealing and patching at the following locations:
- Escalante Road, Kolb Road to Pantano Road
- Harrison Road, Magdalena Road to Golf Links Road
- 22nd Street and Harrison Road intersection
- 29th Street and Harrison Road intersection
- Old Spanish Trail and Harrison Road intersection
- Pantano Road, Research Loop to Escalante Road
- Tucson Boulevard, Irvington Road to Valencia Road
This work consists of crack sealing and patching where needed, prior to the upcoming application of pavement microsurfacing. Crews will be working 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Monday through Friday. The estimated completion date for this work is Monday, April 22, 2013.
Business and residential access will be maintained at all times during the project. The traveling public can expect delays when driving in the work area. Please obey all traffic control signs and watch for construction personnel and equipment in the work area.
The pavement improvement project is part of the Fiscal Year 2013 Mayor and Council approved Pavement Preservation Program, a one-year, $20 million street rehabilitation program to resurface arterial, collector and residential streets. The funding was made available by restructuring the Fiscal Year 2013 Highway User Revenue Fund (HURF) debt, the increase of HURF revenue and General Fund money.