Southern Arizona Paving, under contract with the City of Tucson Department of Transportation (TDOT) is continuing the Fog Seal portion of the 2013 Pavement Preservation Program. The work consists of crack sealing and patching where needed, and applying a Tire Rubber Modified Surface Seal (TRMSS) and new striping. This application will extend the life of the pavement another three years.
Crews will be working 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The work locations for the next weeks are as follows:
- Rosemont Boulevard, Grant Road to Speedway Boulevard
- Harrison Road, Speedway Boulevard to Old Spanish Trail
- Broadway, White Willow Place to Vozack Lane, which is roughly the Broadway and Harrison Road intersection.
- Drachman Street, Oracle Road to Stone Avenue
- Granada Avenue, Davis Street to Fifth Street
- Speedway Boulevard, Main Avenue and 250 feet east of that intersection.
- Oracle Road, Drachman Street and 582 feet north of that intersection.
Monthly updates for this project will be done as it progresses through the City. The project is scheduled to be completed by the middle of April 2013.
The pavement improvement project is part of the Fiscal Year 2013 Mayor and Council approved Pavement Preservation Program, a one-year, $20 million street rehabilitation program to resurface arterial, collector and residential streets. The funding was made available by restructuring the Fiscal Year 2013 Highway User Revenue Fund (HURF) debt, the increase of HURF revenue and General Fund money.
Business and residential access will be maintained at all times during the project. The traveling public can expect delays when driving in the work area. Please obey all traffic control signs and watch for construction personnel and equipment in the work area.