This is a series of traffic alerts that will be issued throughout the construction of a portion of Downtown Links - the St. Mary’s Road/Sixth Street, I-10 to Church Avenue Improvement project. These alerts will announce construction, detour and street closure information as it affects traffic.
At 6 a.m. on Thursday, April 4, 2013, the contractor will begin construction of the 90-inch storm drain across the intersection of Granada Avenue and St. Mary's Road. North and southbound through traffic will not be permitted during this work. This four-day traffic restriction will be in place through 6 a.m. Monday April 8, 2013.
- Motorists, bicyclist, and pedestrians traveling southbound on Granada will be detoured around the work area by using Fifth Street and Main Avenue.
- Northbound Granada Avenue motorists and bicyclist will be required to turn east or west at the St. Mary's intersection.
- One travel lane in each direction will be maintained along St. Mary's Road.
- Northbound turn movements from St. Mary's Road onto Granada Avenue will not be permitted.
- Westbound St. Mary's Road to southbound Granada Avenue turn movements will not be permitted. Motorists and bicyclist can use Stone Avenue as an alternate southbound route.
- Eastbound St. Mary's Road to southbound Granada Avenue turn movements are permitted.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained along Main Avenue and access to Davis Elementary School will be maintained at all times.
This is a project of the Regional Transportation Authority. The voter-approved, $2.1 billion RTA plan will be implemented through 2026. Details about the full plan are available at www.RTAmobility.com. The Regional Transportation Authority has a nine-member board with representatives from local, state and tribal governments. This project will be managed by the City of Tucson.