Effective July 2, 2012, Tucson Water will provide monthly low-income assistance to qualifying customers for the Tucson Water charges on their utility services statement.
1) To be eligible for the Tucson Water Low Income Assistance Program:
- You must be a Tucson Water customer.
- The Utility Services bill must be in your name.
- You must provide proof that you are qualified through one of these programs: Pima County Community Action Agency, City of Tucson Environmental Services Department, or City of Tucson Parks and Recreation Department.
- You must meet the household size/income guidelines below (table updated April 03, 2013).
|Number of people in household||Annual Income||Monthly Income|
|For each additional person, add:||$7,928||
2) How to qualify and re-qualify:
If you have qualified for assistance through one of these 3 programs below in the last 11 months, then you are already qualified for the Tucson Water Low Income Assistance Program:
- Pima County Community Action Agency (PCCAA) (520) 243-6770
- City of Tucson Environmental Services (520) 791-3171
- City of Tucson Parks and Recreation (520) 791-4877
You will remain qualified for 12 months from the first month you receive bill assistance. You will need to re-qualify for the program in 12 months. For information regarding qualifying through any one of these programs, contact the program directly at one of the numbers listed above.
3) Obtaining Low Income Assistance:
Once you are qualified through one of the programs listed above, call (520) 791-5443 or visit Tucson Water Customer Service at 310 W. Alameda St. to request participation in the Tucson Water Low Income Assistance Program.