To view or print this page as a PDF, click here.
1. How do I contact Tucson Water Customer Service with questions or concerns about my online account?
Call (520) 791-3242 or (800) 598-9449, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST. (Note: Arizona does not observe Daylight Savings Time.)
2. Is managing my Click2Gov account online safe?
The City of Tucson is committed to providing a secure internet environment for your transactions. To ensure your information is transmitted safely and securely, we:
• protect the privacy and the confidentiality of communications between your browser and our servers.
• verify that only authorized persons are allowed to access the online system.
• maintain isolation of our computers from the internet.
• store credit card information in the C2G electronic “billfold,” which is highly encrypted.
• offer 128-bit encryption that protects your information as it is sent over the internet.
We strongly urge you to use a browser that supports a level of 128-bit encryption for your security.
3. What are the advantages of using the Click2Gov program?
Using Click2Gov (C2G) saves you time, money, and postage by not having to write and mail a check. Complete the enrollment process online to set up a convenient payment option. With C2G, you can also:
• view a summary of your bill and pay the amount due directly from your credit or debit card at your convenience.
• change your e-mail contact and/or credit/debit card payment information.
• view account information such as your account status, balance due, date of last bill, and date and amount of last payment.
• view consumption histories.
• change your PIN.
• change your e-mail notification preferences.
4. Who can enroll in the C2G online program?
Anyone who is a customer of City of Tucson Utility Services may enroll in the program, with certain restrictions. For example, your account cannot be in “Write Off” status at the time of enrollment. (“Write Off” status means that a customer had a final amount owed, the account was turned over to City Collection or a third party collection agency, the funds were never recovered, and the amount due has been written off by order of the Mayor and Council.)
If you are paying a “pink” delinquent bill, you must contact Tucson Water Customer Service at (520) 791-3242 or (800) 598-9449, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST.
5. Can I change the billing address listed on my account online?
No. Call Tucson Water Customer Service at (520) 791-3242 or (800) 598-9449, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST.
6. How do I sign up for the C2G program?
Go to tucsonaz.gov/water/online-account. For first-time users, click on the orange “Need a PIN?” button and follow the instructions. Have a copy of your latest bill handy, as you will need the following information:
• Account ID – include the “-” (hyphen) in your full account ID.
• Bill Date – enter the date in the following format: MMDDYY (e.g., 081013).
• Total Amount Due – enter the amount without a “$” sign, but include the decimal point (e.g., 50.25).
If you receive a red error message stating “bill dates do not match,” call Customer Service at (520) 791-3242 or (800) 598-9449 to obtain your most recent bill information.
7. Will I continue to receive a paper copy of my bill?
You will continue to receive your bill in the mail. We do not offer the option to decline receiving a paper bill at this time.
8. What are the requirements to enroll in the C2G program?
You must have a PC with an internet connection and an e-mail account. You will receive a verification e-mail from the City of Tucson with the password for your account. (Although we do not recommend any specific browser, for security reasons we have tested C2G on the Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator browsers.)
Have a copy of your bill handy, as you will need your account information during the initial enrollment process. Your account must be in active status to enroll.
9. How do I verify the resolution settings on my monitor?
This will depend on your monitor. Go to your PC desktop and click the right button on your mouse. A box will pop up on your screen.
• Select “Properties” (the “Display Properties” box will appear).
• Click the “Settings” tab.
• Change the “pixel” settings (recommended settings are 1024 by 768 pixels for the C2G site).
10. How do I verify the “cookies” settings on my PC?
Cookies are small files deposited on your computer that allow the City of Tucson to recognize you while you are on the C2G site. Most browsers provide an option to notify you as cookies are being written or to automatically accept cookies from a list of trusted domains you establish. In Microsoft Internet Explorer, it must allow a first-party “cookie” from the C2G site. In Netscape Navigator, it must allow a “cookie” from the originating C2G site. Consult your individual browser’s instructions about this setting.
11. What should I do if I experience problems during the enrollment process and cannot continue?
If this happens, contact a Customer Service Representative at (520) 791-3242 or (800) 598-9449, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST.
12. What if I forget my PIN?
Go to tucsonaz.gov/water/online-account and click on either “Need a PIN?” or “I have a PIN” to go to the main C2G web page. On the left, you will see “Forgot PIN?”. Click on the link and you will be asked to enter your account number. Click on the “Remind Me” button for the message “Your PIN has been sent to the e-mail address listed for your account.” You will receive an e-mail containing your password.
When entering your PIN, remember it is case sensitive, i.e., if your PIN is “Password,” then entering “password” would not be accepted.
13. Can I view my bill online if I already pay with Automated Bill Payment?
Yes. Regardless of the payment method you choose, by enrolling in C2G you will continue to receive a paper bill in the mail and still retain the ability to view your bill summary online.
14. Is there a charge for using the C2G online program?
No, this service is currently free of charge. However, if you pay your bill with a bank debit card and your bank returns the transaction, your payment will be reversed by the City of Tucson. We will charge your account the standard $28.00 fee for each returned transaction.
15. Can I use C2G to view and pay other bills I receive?
No. C2G only allows you to view and pay your City of Tucson/Pima County utilities bill (COT Water/Environmental Services and Pima County Sewer/Wastewater).
16. What are the payment options when using the C2G online program?
You can pay by credit or debit card, if the card has the Visa or MasterCard logo. We do not accept other cards at this time.
17. Can I pay my bill with a credit or debit card at any City cashier location?
No. That option is not available at this time nor can we take credit/debit card payments over the phone.
18. How long will it take to deduct the money from my chosen payment option?
This depends on when the information is added to the billing system, but generally it will be within 3 to 5 business days. We transmit our batch requests once a day, and the clearing house processes all received transactions at midnight. When your payment is entered into the C2G system, it will show as pending until the money is received. The money is then posted to your account the same day it is received by the City of Tucson.
19. Will there be a charge if my debit card transaction is returned?
Yes, we will reverse the transaction, and as with other returned items, e.g., bank drafts or checks, we will charge your account the standard $28.00 fee.
20. Can I pay only a portion of my bill?
Click2Gov will accept partial payments. However, you must contact Customer Service if a payment plan is needed to pay the remaining balance.
If your water has been turned off and you are paying a delinquent bill, you must contact Customer Services by phone to schedule resumption of your water service. Call (520) 791-3242 or (800) 598-9449 during our normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST.
21. How can I save my card information online so I don’t have to enter it again every time I make a payment?
Look just above the “Continue” button on the Account Information screen when you enter your card information. You will see a small box with text next to it that says, “Save this card information in my billfold.” Click on the box and your card information will be saved when you click the “Continue” button.
The next time you log in to your account:
• Click the link at the left side of the screen that says, “Make Payments.”
• Click on the “Notification and Payment Options” link.
• In the “Billfold” section, click on the “Pay” button next to the credit/debit card you will use to make the payment.
• On the next screen, enter your payment amount and 3-digit security code for the card.
• Follow the instructions on the following screens to complete the payment process.
22. What if my credit or debit card information changes?
If you have saved your previous card information in your electronic billfold, you can update that information by doing as follows:
• Sign in to your account.
• Click the “Payments” link on the left side of your screen.
• Click the “Notification and Payment Options” link.
• In the “Billfold” section, click the Edit button next to the card you want to change and revise your information.
• Click the “Continue” button.
23. Is the online bill payment system available 24/7?
Due to scheduled system maintenance, online account access may not be available at certain times. We apologize for any inconvenience.