- The property must be single-family residential.
- Purchase and install a qualifying rainwater harvesting system after September 27, 2011. (Note: Changes were made to this rebate program effective June 1, 2013.)
- All tanks/cisterns must be closed and have a light-proof system with insect- and critter-proof entry points , as well as a secure lid for safety.
- Rain barrels must have a minimum screen and child/pet safety lid.
- Used or reconditioned tanks do not qualify for rebates.
- The installation residence must receive water from Tucson Water.
- Applicant must attend an approved Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Program Workshop.
- The rainwater harvesting system must be permanent.
(For more information, see Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Rebate Program Most Requested Information.)
To claim your rebate you will need to:
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the rainwater harvesting rebate application form.
- Include a rainwater harvesting project plan with the rebate application to demonstrate the selection, use, and anticipated outcomes of the practices. The plan requirements will be addressed in the workshop training.
- Attach the itemized original receipt(s) for the qualifying materials. (Note: Tucson Water does not accept scanned documents or photocopies.)
- Receipts submitted for materials and labor must be from licensed businesses/contractors and show:
1) Itemized work and/or materials
2) Date work performed or materials purchased
3) Applicable sales tax and total
(Note: Handwritten notes do not substitute for a receipt. Click here for examples of receipts that do not meet criteria.)
Send your completed application form and itemized original receipt(s) to:
City of Tucson Water Department
Public Information/Conservation Office – Rain
PO Box 27210
Tucson, AZ 85726-7210
|Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Home||How To Participate||Incentive Levels|
|Permit Information||Project Plan||Workshop Schedules|