Contact the City of Tucson Planning & Development Services Department at (520) 791-5550 to find out if a permit is needed.
- A permit is not required to install a passive water harvesting system.
- A permit is not required to install water tanks supported directly on grade of up to 1,000 gallons regardless of aspect ratio.
- A permit is not required to install water tanks supported directly on grade between 1,000 gallons and 5,000 gallons when ratio of height to diameter or width does not exceed 2:1.
- A permit is required to install water tanks exceeding 5,000 gallons.
- Note that permanently installed electrical/pumping equipment incidental to tanks, regardless of size, shall require a building permit.
- Any cistern with over a 2:1 (height:width) ratio or any cistern containing more than 5,000 gallons requires structural review and a building permit.
|Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Home||How To Participate||Incentive Levels|
|Permit Information||Project Plan||Workshop Schedules|