On average, 45% of the water we use goes to outdoor irrigation. Rainwater is not only free, it's salt-free and that makes it a good source of water for all of our plants. When we harvest rainwater, we conserve our drinking water and save money on our water bill.
Tucson Water will rebate qualifying residential rainwater harvesting system costs under two levels of funding up to a maximum of $2,000. Applicants can decide which funding level to apply for based on the amount of rainwater they aim to capture onsite and the type of practices they want to implement. Applicants may apply for both a passive and an active rebate not exceeding $2,000 for the combination. Click here for more information.
Applicants must attend an approved Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Program Workshop to qualify for the rebate program. The workshop features information on residential rainwater harvesting and the qualification requirements for the rebate provided by Tucson Water for its residential customers. Participants should to bring a basic site plan (sketch or bird's-eye view) of their property to work on during the last hour of the class. If you have questions, call Tucson Water's Public Information / Conservation Office (PICO) at (520) 791-4331 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternative Water Source Irrigation System & Backflow Prevention Requirements
Use of an irrigation system that is pressurized with any kind of pump must have a reduced pressure principle assembly (RPA) installed at the service connection to protect the public water system from potential contamination. Visit the Backflow Prevention web page or call (520) 791-2650 for more information on backflow installation requirements for the use of Alternative Water Sources; Rainwater Harvesters and gray water systems equipped with pumps.
Rainwater Harvesting Resources:
- New Video! "Examples of Rainwater Harvesting"
- New Ad! Rainwater Harvesting Rebates Up to $2,000 (video)
- Rainwater Harvesting Incentives brochure - English Spanish
- Rebate application and policy - Systems purchased/installed before 6/1/13
- Rebate application and policy - Systems purchased/installed after 6/1/13
- Rebate application and policy - Spanish
- Most Requested Information
- Program videos from Channel 12 (English) (Spanish)
- Rainwater Harvesting and Gray Water Reuse Resources
- Harvesting Rainwater for Landscape Use
Rainwater Harvesting Program Workshops (free):
|Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Home||How To Participate||Incentive Levels|
|Permit Information||Project Plan||Workshop Schedules|