Workshops for the Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Rebate Program are held at the Pima County Cooperative Extension, 4210 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson. Call the SmartScape Program Office at (520) 626-5161 for information and to register.
The 3-hour workshop covers residential rainwater harvesting and qualification requirements for the Single Family Residential Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Program rebate provided by Tucson Water. After completion, participants will be able to:
1) Understand the application process for the RWH Incentive;
2) Discern between Level 1 and Level 2 of the Incentive Structure and associated eligible practices;
3) Distinguish between passive (earthworks) and active (conveyance and containment) rainwater harvesting systems and determine which system(s) are most appropriate for the proposed site;
4) Conduct a site analysis and determine onsite water resources;
5) Calculate potential for site water supply, demand, and supplemental storage;
6) Develop a rainwater harvesting project plan.
Participants are encouraged to bring a basic site plan (sketch or bird's-eye view) of their property to work on during the last hour of the class.
Southern Arizona Rain Gutters (299-7246) and Watershed Management Group (396-3266) also offer free qualifying workshops. To register, call the organization directly. For other questions, call Tucson Water's Public Information / Conservation Office (PICO) at (520) 791-4331 or e-mail PICO.
|Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Home||How To Participate||Incentive Levels|
|Permit Information||Project Plan||Workshop Schedules|