Tucson Water Service Area Policy
One of the policy outcomes of the City/County Water & Wastewater Infrastructure, Supply & Planning Study was the City's formal adoption of a Water Service Area Policy in August 2010. The Water Service Area Policy establishes a water service boundary for Tucson Water based on economic, social and environmental considerations as recommended in the Study.
The City has been conducting its first annual review of the Policy, as called for in the adopted ordinance, to determine if refinements to the Policy are needed. City staff and Tucson Water's Citizens' Water Advisory Committee (CWAC) requested public and stakeholder comment as part of this review process. At its December 7, 2011, meeting, CWAC adopted nine recommended changes to the Policy. These changes are currently on hold pending the resolution of State legislation that was introduced last session regarding the City's water policy.
For more information, click on the links below. E-mail questions to WaterPolicy@tucsonaz.gov.
- Tucson Water Services in Unincorporated Pima County
- Pima County Board of Supervisors Agenda Item Regarding Tucson Water Service Area Policy
- Community Water Coalition suggested revisions to CWAC recommendations
- Summary of input received, draft recommendations presented to CWAC Technical, Planning, and Policy Subcommittee
- Public Input Received
- Water Service Area Policy Review
- Process to Conduct Annual Review of Service Area Policy
- City of Tucson Resolution No. 21602
- Tucson Water Service Area Map
- Mayor and Council Communication August 4, 2010
- Mayor and Council Communication June 15, 2010
- Mayor and Council Communication April 13, 2010